I think everyone should have a general ideal of what a Castsequence Macro is by now, but just to make sure I thought I would show step by step how to make one.
Note: These are just basic Macros you can use. For more advanced
Click Here for a Addon with Pre-Made 5.3 Macros
1. /castsequence – This should be your very first part of any Castsequence Macro 5.0.4. It will actually start the Macro, so you can do many spells in a row.
2. (Optional) - This next one doesn’t need to be put in any Macro Castsequence, but if you want to put a special option in it so you hit a separate keybind, target, or enemy. This is where you would add it. There are way to many ones to list right now, but I am leaning towards making a special section in the near future just for these. If you still need help I think WoWWikki Macros has a list, but I don’t think its very informative.
3. reset=20 – The “20″ is just a example, you can put any number you want in there, bases on how long of a cooldown your spells are. It will reset your Castsequence back to whatever the first spells is, and if the first spell doesn’t have a cooldown you can always forget the time and do a “reset=target” which will reset after you switch targets.
4. spell,spell,spell,spell – This will be the last part of your 5.0.4 Castsequence Macro. All you do is add your spell based on what sequence you want them in.
Example 1 (basic)
/castsequence reset=10 Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blase, Arcane Barrage
Example 2 (with extra reset)
/castsequence reset=10/nocombat Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blase, Arcane Barrage
Example 3 (with option)
/cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Arcane Missiles;
/castsequence reset=10/nocombat Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blase, Arcane Barrage
If you’re still having trouble finding the Macros you’re looking for, or need more advanced ones for a specific class, then check out the addon I use called Impulse. It will show you how to set-up your keybinds based on your class/spec, and give you TONS of pre-made macros.
Hey Darrick here,
Like I promised we will briefly go over how to make a Macro. This will be a complete guide so you can come back here for future reference. Don’t worry the next post we will be going over how to make a Castsequence Macro.
• When you log-in first do a /Macro or just open up your Main Menu and click the Macro Window.
• Next you will see YourName Macros, and General Macros. The tab marked General is for every character you have, and the tab marked Youname is if you want it for a certain character. So if you’re making a certain Hunter Castsequence Macro your going to click the Yourname tab.
• After you click those you should see a big grid of boxes, and under the boxes is a single box which shows your currently selected Macro. Below that is the edit box which you will use to select the actually Macro.
• Now we actually start making your Macro Castsequence. First click the new tab. That will bring up a new window where you can choose whatever icon you want and put a name for it.
Note: if you hit the ? it will automatically pick the spell name icon.
• Next you will notice you can start typing in the box grid.
• Lastly after making the Macro for you Castsequence you just drag it out then place it on your action bar.
If you don’t know anything about script I will got over that in another post on Castsequence Macros. There are tons of different variations you can make for different spells to. Just to give you some ideals here are a few good ones to try out Trinket + Spell sequence, Stance to Stance + Spell sequence, 2 x Spell + reset Castsequence.
Like I said before those are just a few there are tons of different ones. In the next couple of days I will post some of the ones I like the most so everyone can start using them right away.
Hey Darrick here,
Welcome to Castsequence Macro! I want to first thank everyone for visiting my site. I really love figuring out the best Macros in World of Warcraft, and I thought why not share with everyone some of my trials and tribulations with them, and maybe even teach on the way.
For those who don’t know what a Macro is I will give a brief explanation. Let’s say your a Orc and you want to add your Blood Fury racial to activate every time you pop one of your trinkets. Now normally you would just have them on two separate keybindings, and activate them separately or you can make a small script that will use them both at the same time, that small script you will be making is a Macro.
What I really love to make is what we call a Castsequence Macro which makes it so you can do many different spells spells in a rotation, so if I wanted my Mage to do 4 Arcane Blast followed by a Arcane Missiles I would make a Castsequence which does them in one button.